Annalisa Calini, Program Director
Martin Jones, Program Director
The Graduate Certificate Program in Operations Research allows non-degree students to strengthen their expertise in operations research, linear programming, and industrial mathematics while recognizing them with an official certificate of their achievement. The Program combines a solid theoretical foundation with a variety of applied tools and techniques to prepare the student to handle a wide variety of practical mathematical and statistical problems in business and industry.
G1. Provide the theoretical background and applied mathematics techniques needed to work as a practicing mathematician in management and industry.
G2. Develop the skills necessary to communicate mathematical ideas clearly and effectively.
G3. Develop the ability to use the latest computational software used in operations research and industrial mathematics.
G4. Provide a variety of project opportunities in operations research and industrial mathematics.
The graduate certificate program in Operations Research allows non-degree students to strengthen their expertise in operations research while recognizing them with an official certificate of their achievement. The program combines a solid theoretical foundation with a variety of applied tools and techniques to prepare the student to handle problems in business and industry.
- A minimum GPA of 3.000 in mathematics courses.
- Two letters of recommendation from former professors or immediate superiors in recent employment.
- Completion of an undergraduate calculus sequence up to and including multivariable calculus, linear algebra and an undergraduate statistics course. Students may be admitted provisionally if they have had all of the listed courses above but are lacking Linear Algebra. Their provisional status will be waived after they have completed this course with a grade of B or better.
- An official copy of a transcript from each institution of higher learning attended, including documentation of a graduation from an accredited four year college or university.
Note: No transfer credit is permitted.
- Fall: March 1, Priority; July 1, Final
- Spring: November 1
- Summer: March 1
Time Limit Requirements
All work credited toward the Graduate Certificate in Statistics must be completed within three years.
Transfer Credit Policy
The Operations Research Graduate Certificate does not accept graduate transfer credit from another institution.
Student Learning Outcomes